- 1 MandalMine Collective
- 2 Board of Officers
- 3 Products and Services
- 4 Internal Security Force
- 5 =Praetorian Guard
- 6 TV Tropes & Achievements
MandalMine Collective (MMC) is primarily a Mining, Resource Extraction and Resource Transport business. While the bulk of its revenue comes from the sale and transport of refined mineral ingots, it also provides material transport, personal transportation, & mining equipment (including personal equipment, ships and droids). The main office is located on Dressel in the Galactic Market. There are MMC outposts across much of the galaxy.
Board of Officers
MMC is a private corporation, owned solely and completely by Admiral Z'har Dizen. However, due to the size that it has grown to, the Admiral employs a Board of Officers in order to run most of the day to day operations. However, despite the apparent power of the board, the Admiral retains the power to replace any member of the Board at his pleasure.
- Owner: Admiral Z'har Dizen (PC Male Zabrak, 92)
- Head of Acquisitions: Geht'hor'nthic (NPC Male Chiss, 61)
- Head of Research & Development: Sevo Su (NPC Female Kaminoan, 42)
- Head of Internal Security: Non-Com Or'dinii (PC Male Gungan, Age Unknown)
- Head of Mining: Zytlgren (NPC Female Kissai, 40)
- Head of Transportation: Uddn Cruhn (NPC Female Herglic, 42)
Products and Services
Order can be placed Here (link under construction).
The standard contract rate for most planets is 10,000,000 "7 paid per year (IC, every three months OOC) in exchange for any mineral wealth extracted, non-negotiable. However, it is possible to exchange the standard contract for a less favorable contract with different terms (exact terms subject to negotiation).
MER droid series
Initially designed to assist search and rescue after a cave-in in a mine, the MER series is made with small, enclosed spaces in mind. The droids have been described as a weird mix of a cat and a centipede. the MER series is designed to work in large groups, often without direct living oversight, so is able to coordinate using a basic hive-mind like structure established by ultra-sonic clicks (some field testers has described the sound as "A very high pitched buzzing" and also "Very annoying"). This however can limit the effectiveness of the droids in areas with large amount of high-frequency interference.
MER-1 (mechanical Exploration/Rescue unit - Type 1)
- Size: 0.3 Meters long X 0.3 Meters tall X .15 Meters wide (roughly the size of a house cat)
- Armour: none of note
- Weapons/tools: sonic pistol equivalent (max. range 5 meters) (MER-1/w) OR an advanced sensor system (MER-1/s); can also be attached to pull single-person hover gurney
- Details: the MER-1's single weapon is designed to break down rocks without destabilizing the surround area. Due to this, the weapon's power falls exponentially after a range of only five meters. MER-1s outfitted with the advanced sensor system serve as the eyes of the swarm, locating target objectives and then relaying that information to other nearby units. The sensors can be configured to a large number of possible parameters, allowing MER-1 outfitted with them to also search mine sites for potential hazards or untapped resources.
- Secondary testing has also shown that with minor modifications to the targeting program, the MER-1s excel at pest control in mines and aboard most space-craft. Some of field testers have raised the possibility of using the MER-1 droids as an extra layer for mine defense.
- During search and rescue or pest control operations, the MER-1s tend to work in groups of 10 to 15, with only one or two sensor variants per group. During exploratory operations, the MER-1s tend to work in groups or four or five, will only one weapon variant per group
- Class: militia
Due to nearly a decade on Kamino and a large number of Kaminoan scientists, MMC is capable of producing clone laborers. MMC specializes in clones trained as mine operators, droid technicians, ship repairs, & (to a much lesser degree) physical laborers. However, MMC is able to produce clones capable of working as law enforcement or battle without much trouble. The clones are sold in units of 10. Pricing is as follows: Labor - 12,000 "7; Law Enforcement, General (Basic Class Troops) - 15,000 "7; Law Enforcement, Riot (Commando Class Troops) - 18,000 "7; Combat, General (Elite Class Troops) - 20,000 "7; Combat, Command (General Class Troops/PC clones) - 5,000 "7 (Sold individually only).
MMC's main service is sale of refined ingots of materials useful in ship and building construction. Orders may be placed as either a monthly scheduled or a one time shipment. Any orders over 500 "7 will include free delivery. Any orders below 500 "7 will have a 400 "7 transport fee. Orders under 1,000 "7 can be placed at any MMC outpost. Orders over 1,000 "7 must be placed at the primary business office on Dressel. Orders may be placed via HoloNet or hypertransceiver.
MMC provides quick and simple transport to most inhabited planets for both cargo and personal, no questions asked. Please note that all cargo and passengers are scanned for dangerous materials, such as explosives. Additionally, passengers are confined to the passenger section of the ship and unable to access the crew quarters and bridge (unless of course, you know how to breath in a vacuum). Anyone attempting to ship dangerous materials or access the crew section of the ship will be questioned by the Security Brigade.
Transport for a single person with minor luggage costs 500 "7 for regional travel & 1,000 "7 for extended travel. Bulk cargo (per ton) costs 2,000 "7 for regional travel & 4,000 "7 for extended travel. Fragile cargo costs 5,000 "7 for regional travel & 10,000 "7 for extended travel.
Internal Security Force
Due to the company's troubled history of being subject to violent pirate raids, enemy assaults, & Jedi/Sith attacks, the Internal Security Force (generally known as MMC-ISF) is tasked with the defense of the various holdings and properties owned and operated by MMC. The MMC-ISF is broken into two Branches: The Naval Brigade (MMC-NB) which is made up of hyperspace capable craft; & the Security Brigade (MMC-SB) which is made up of security operative and the non-hyperspace capable craft and droids that they require. Additionally, the MMC-SB is tasked with search and rescue operations as well as surveying any mining sites. The Praetorian Guard also serve as bodyguards for the Board of Officers, as an office of internal affairs, & are directly under the command of the Admiral.
For security reasons, all MMC holdings, including ships, stations & ground installations have comprehensive holosurveillance systems, to the point that there isn't a single accessible space on the craft that isn't under continuous surveillance.
Serving as a deterrent to any pirate or raider force that would seek to attack MMC holdings, the Naval Brigade is made up of the best spacecraft that money can buy. Due to the decentralized nature of the holdings of MMC, the MMC-NB is primarily composed of Corvettes & Small escort craft. Starfighters are also included to a lesser degree.
The MMC-NB is divided up into several Operational Fleets, these fleets are usually spread over vast tracks of space & will rarely gather in one place for anything less than a full scale emergency. The current list of active MMC-NB Operational Fleets is as follows.
The Command Fleet's current flagship is the Kandosii-type Dreadnaught, the Iron Star. Beyond the flagship, there are also 12 corvettes, 9 light escorts, 1 squadron of fighters, & 1 squadron of bombers in the Command Fleet. Finally, the Command Fleet also includes [[Admiral Z'har Dizen Or'dinii| Admiral Z'har's] personal transport, the Radiant Watcher. The Radiant Watcher, a BC-714 Luxury Transport, is no faster, stronger or more durable than others of its class, however, it has had extensive modifications made to its internal compartments. The large dining hall has been refurnished as a simple military-style mess hall. Most of the staterooms have been refitted as barracks for MMC-SB troops. The Admiral's personal quarters have been turned into an extremely cluttered combination of a droid repair shop & workshop, with a small cot in one corner of the room half hidden behind a workbench. The holotheater has been transformed into an extremely advanced control & command center, allowing the occupant to command battles from nearly the other side of the galaxy in real time.
- 1 Kandosii-type Dreadnaught
- Iron Star
- 12 Strike-class Medium Cruisers
- Assassin, Avalon, Cruel Mercy, Gold Standard, Jupiter Rising, Longshot, Mars Triumphant, Paragon of Honour, Redemption, Salvation, Sentinel, & Zephyrus
- 9 Pursuer-class Enforcement Ships
- Alluring Flame, Fearless Angel, Hunting Bear, Inquisitor, Noble Fool, Stone Fist, Terror, Vendetta, White Viper
- 20 Missile Boats
- Banshee wing, Dragon wing, Ogre wing, Troll wing,
- 20 StarViper-class Attack Platforms
- Crow wing, Hawk wing, Phoenix wing, & Roc wing
- 10 Acclamator-class Assault Ships (Transport Variant)
- Blizzard, Cyclone, Deluge, Downpour, Hurricane, Monsoon, Squall, Thunder, Typhoon, Whirlwind
- 1 BC-714 Luxury Transport
- Radiant Watcher
- 1 Kandosii-type dreadnaught
- 1 Nebula-class Star Destroyer
- 1 Immobilizer 418 Cruiser
- 10 Carrack-class Light Cruisers
- 9 Braha'tok-class Gunships
- 128 X-83 TwinTail Starfighters
- 140 Starviper-class Attack Platforms
The operatives of the Security Brigade have been trained to the utmost degree. While usually they are only required to escort drunks or trouble makers from the grounds, they occasionally have to repel more powerful forces, including Jedi & Sith on occasion. It is for that reason that the operatives have been trained to be able to combat Force & lightsabre wielding adversaries.
Each operative is clad in glossy black combat armour with a mirrored faceplate, this adds tremendously to the intimidation factor that each operative presents to any would be trouble maker. The fact that they usually work in teams of four often makes the bravest, or most foolish, soul pause and reconsider their actions for a moment.
Functionally, the armour is nearly indistinguishable from the armour worn by the stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire. The standard weapon issued to the operatives is a compact sonic rifle with a grenade launcher attached to the underside. While the weapon is as effective as a blaster against most targets, it has a small advantage in that it can't be blocked or reflected by a lightsabre. A small bracer-style flamecaster is also issued to each operative and is is generally worn on top of their armour (each has 60 seconds worth of fuel). Finally, each operative wears a bandoleer with room for 5 kit items. The standard kit layout is 3 frag grenades, 1 flash-bang grenade, & 1 medkit, but may be different based on operative's needs. The following kit items are also available: grenades (cryogenic, flame, flash-bang, fragmentation, glop, smoke, sonic, white phosphorous); mines (cryogenic, fragmentation, glop, sonic); flamecaster fuel (60 seconds); medkits; MER command beacon (for directing local MER units); tactical strike beacons (for calling down pinpoint accurate turbolaser fire from orbiting craft); & thermal detonators.
The MMC-SB is divided up into several Operational Forces. The current list of active MMC-SB Operational Forces is as follows.
Geonosian Defense Force
The Praetorian Guard serves as a last line of defense against any hostile action against the Board of Officers or any other high ranking figure in the company. Clad in a red coloured variant of the standard Security Operative armour, the Praetorian Guard presents an intimidating front to any that might be foolish enough to try & attack their charge. In addition to the standard gear carried by every operative, each Praetorian guard also carries a single, crimson-coloured lightsabre. While they are not skilled enough with the sabres to match a more experienced knight or master, they are skilled enough to engage most sabre wielding enemies long enough for the other Guard members to bring other weapons to bear. Due to this & several other unusual circumstances there are even rumors that the Praetorian Guard includes Force users among its ranks.
TV Tropes & Achievements
- Ace Pilot: the starfighter pilots of the MMC-NB.
- Adorable Evil Minions: the MER-1 droids, alone = little threat, in swarms = big threat.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: sonic and fire vs lightsabre.
- Asteroid Miners: some of their mine sites are orbital.
- Badass Army
- Badass Bandolier
- Band of Brothers
- Bazaar of the Bizarre: the main office is located in one.
- Black Helicopter: the MMC-SB mainly uses LAATs that have been painted glossy black.
- Black Shirt
- Bodyguarding A Badass: among those the Praetorian operatives are listed as guarding is the Admiral and Non-com.
- Bouncer: roughly 90% of MMC-SB's job.
- Cape Busters: the MMC-SB, as they are trained to be able to take down jedi.
- Clones Are People Too: the MMC-SB, along with most of the crew for the ships of the MMC-NB.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Cool Starship: the entire MMC-NB is more or less built around this.
- Corporate Samurai: the MMC-SB.
- Corporate Warfare: one of the reasons for their existence.
- Cosmopolitan Council: the Board of Officers.
- Curb Stomp Battle: the usual result of the MMC-ISF being called in. Especially if the Admiral is commanding them personally.
- Elite Army: the MMC-SB consists of a relatively small number of extremely well trained operatives supported by a large number of droids.
- Faceless Goons
- Flaunting Your Fleets
- Gunboat Diplomacy
- Internal Affairs: The Praetorian Guard serve as this.
- Judge, Jury, and Executioner
- Kill It with Fire: Flamecasters are standard issue for the MMC-SB.
- Law Enforcement, Inc.: MMC-ISF.
- Malevolent Masked Men: MMC-SB operatives wear mirrored masks.
- Mecha-Mooks: The majority of the MMC-SB's combat force is made up of MER-1s.
- Mega Corp
- Mildly Military
- Mind Hive: The MER-1s.
- One Nation Under Copyright
- Our Weapons Will Be Boxy In The Future: The MMC-SB standard issue rifle, see immediately below for the reason.
- Pistol Whipping: MMC-SB's standard issue rifle is designed for it.
- Praetorian Guard: Wears red armour instead of the standard black.
- Putting on the Reich
- Ragnarok Proofing: Everything MMC makes tries for this.
- Send in the Clones
- Shoplift and Die
- Space Battle: The sole reason for the existence of the MMC-NB.
- Space Marine: MMC-SB.
- Space Navy: MMC-NB.
- Standard Sci Fi Fleet: Small craft include bombers (missile boats) & interceptors (StarVipers), space ships include cutters (pursuer-class) & assault carriers (strike-class), capital ships is a dreadnought (Kandosii).
- State Sec: MMC-SB.
- Super Soldier
- Surveillance Drone: MER-1/s.
- Suspiciously Small Army
- The Men In Black: MMC-SB operatives.
- Zerg Rush