|Core Galaxy Systems|
Kuat Drive Yards (purchased)
|Chronological and political information|
Old Republic era
Core Galaxy Systems was one of the oldest starship manufacturers in the galaxy. A "Founding Shipwright", it was founded during the earliest days of the Galactic Republic. The company produced a stunning array of starships.
However, around 500 BBY, the company faced vicious competition from the mighty Kuat Drive Yards. Constant price wars, industrial espionage, and mysterious accidents at many of its factories resulted in heavy financial loss for Core Galaxy Systems.
When the company was forced onto the auction block, Kuat Drive Yards quickly purchased it. Soon, the Core Galaxy Systems name and logo were retired and the company became a subsidiary of KDY.
- Core Galaxy Systems Dreadnought
- PTR-3 Vedette Starfighter
- Dynamic-class freighter
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Starships of the Galaxy (2007