- Type: Gunship, [Support]
- Cost: 750,000 credits
- Length: 90m
- Width: 85m at the back 21m at the front.
- Height: 8m
- Hull: Light Durasteel
- Shields: 800 SBD
- 2 Medium Turbolasers [inset in main wing fixed forward]
- 6 Light Turbolasers [inset in main wing fixed forward]
- 4 Dual rapid-fire laser cannons [Turreted under forward wings]
- 12 Light laser cannons [Turreted in main wing, half above half below]
- Speed: 110 MGLT (1200 kph)
- Hyperdrive: Class 3
- Backup: Class 10
The Astrid-class heavy gunship was designed as a multi-roll support ship for use in the CIC navy. All its functions were controlled by the ships droid brain. The turrets had their own separate targeting computers enabling better targeting of large fighter formations. It was more than capable of handling dog fights with starfighters and performing strafing runs on light or medium class ships. Its turbo lasers allow it to threaten support and light class ship as well as conduct strafing runs on medium and heavy class ships and ground targets. The dual rapid-fire laser cannons would make short work of starfighter formations while the light laser cannons pick off any who got through and pesky missiles. The Astrid’s sleek design makes for a small target to hit when aiming straight at it. It became vulnerable during strafing runs of larger vessels where it relied on its shields to protect it. It’s relatively thin armour made the Astrid class fast but dependent on it’s countermeasures to defeat incoming missiles.
Link to patent approval